LITERARY HARVEST CONTEST RULES:
• The Literary Harvest Writing Contest is open to residents of Deschutes, Jefferson and Crook counties and to all Guild members.
• The contest opens on Saturday, June 1, 2013. Deadline for submissions is midnight Monday, September 2, 2013. Submissions postmarked after midnight on September 2 will not be accepted. On-line entries will not be accepted.
• Short fiction, nonfiction and essay, memoirs, and poetry will be accepted. Entries must be 1200 words or fewer or can be read in eight minutes. More than one poem per entrant is allowed as long as the word total and read time stays within the entry parameters.
• All entries must be printed on 8-1/2 x 11 inch white paper in a twelve-point font, such as Times New Roman, Arial or Garamond. Document should be double spaced and numbered in lower right-hand corner of each page. Staple each of three copies in the upper, left-hand corner.
• Each entry requires a cover sheet with writer’s name, mailing address, phone number and e-mail address if available; title, genre, word count and a brief autobiography. Writer’s name or any other identifying mark should only appear on the cover sheet. Title of piece should be included on the first page.
• One entry is allowed per writer and requires a ten-dollar entry fee for Guild members and a fifteen-dollar entry fee for non-members. Three copies of your piece with one cover sheet and entry fee must be mailed together.
• Checks should be made payable to Central Oregon Writers Guild and mailed with entries to: Literary Harvest Writing Contest Manager, 64758 Boonesborough Ct., Bend OR 97701. Please do not send cash.
• Entries and checks also can be hand delivered at the monthly Thursday night Guild meetings up until August 22, 2013. Entries will not be returned by mail, so authors should retain a copy of their work. Entries may be picked up at the Literary Harvest.
• Entries must be original, unpublished work of entrant. Winning authors will retain all copyrights to their work but are required to give permission to the Guild for a one-time publication in the 2013 Literary Harvest Chapbook. The Guild and selected editorial board will not share writers’ work with any third party for any reason.
• Entrants will be notified by e-mail that their writing has been received if they have included their e-mail address on cover sheet. Winners will be notified by Friday October 4 and must be available to read their entry at the Literary Harvest the evening of Friday October 18, 2013 at the Comfort Suites Inn, Redmond, Oregon, or they will forfeit their prize.
• Entries that do not meet all contest rules will be disqualified. Please direct questions about the contest to: Literary Harvest Writing Contest Manager at mailto:COWGContest@gmail.com