Saturday, January 30, 2010

Story Trailers

Elsie asked me to upload this to the blog at the Thursday night meeting. This is the first in a series of story trailers a friend of mine is editing for me. Originally, I was just going to do one video for all five stories, but my video genius wants to do a seperate trailer for each story. I'm not going to argue if she wants to do me a bigger favor than I was begging.

I wrote the copy and provided her with art and music. This particular trailer uses stock art, stock music, video taken by me, photos taken by me and some work with a flashlight by my friend. My video genius did the rest. I must say, she makes me look really good. It would have been less brilliant without her talents.

If you're interested in how to make your own trailers that are better and less costly than an agency will do for you, feel free to e-mail me: mpaxauthor@gmail.com

I don't see any reason to wait on promoting myself. There's no reason for you to wait either. If you get enough interest, the deal will follow. Readers/fans drive sales. Publication drives readers/fans.

The trailers will be going on the title page of each story on my website [still under construction]. A YouTube channel is another marketing outlet for us to utilize. It's free and easy to embed in your own webiste [to drive viewing there] if you have one. http://www.youtube.com/user/Mpaxauthor Plus, my friend has her own website for her videos, so we cross promote each other.

I got the idea to do trailers/commercials from October's COWG meeting presented by K.C. Snider. The publisher for which she illustrates used trailers on its website. I knew when I saw that, I had to figure out how to do my own.

No comments: