Get ready for the"Power of Revision Workshops" with nationally-acclaimed book editor and best-selling author Elizabeth Lyon, October 16 & 17 at Central Oregon Community College, Bend Campus.
To maximize the benefits before the workshop check out Elizabeth's list, a bibliography of books from which she'll be using an excerpt for instruction:
1. Manuscript Makeover-Revision Techniques No Fiction Writers Can Afford to Ignore, by Elizabeth Lyon. Perigee [Penguin]. "The Writer" magazine selected Manuscript Makeover as one of the "8 Great Writing Books of 2008."
2. The Sell Your Novel Tool Kit, by Elizabeth Lyon. Perigee [Penguin]. 2002.
3. A Writer's Guide to Fiction, by Elizabeth Lyon. Perigee [Penguin]. 2004.
4. Nonfiction Book Proposals Anybody Can Write, by Elizabeth Lyon. Perigee [Penguin]. 2002.
5. Hemlock Lake, by Carolyn Rose. Five Star Publishing [Gale Cenage]. Carolyn is a mystery writer and one of the 2010 Literary Harvest judges who will be present at Literary Harvest on October 15.
6. The Stylist, by Cai Emmons. Harper Perennial. 2007. Cai is a creative writing teacher at University of Oregon at Eugene and a novelist. She is also one of our 2010 Literary Harvest judges who will be present at Literary Harvest on October 15.
7. The Blood of Lorraine, by Barbara Pope. Pegasus. 2008. Elizabeth will be using excerpts in her workshop.
8. Cezanne's Quarry, by Barbara Pope. Pegasus. 2009.
9. Bud, Not Buddy, by Christopher Paul Curtis. Yearling [Random House]. 1999. Elizabeth will be using a major excerpt from this children's book and it is very popular with participants.
10. A Round-Heeled Woman, by Jame Juska. Villard [Random House].
All books available at CAMALLI BOOK COMPANY, 1288 SW Simpson, Suite C, in Bend.
*To Register: Click on Elizabeth's photo in the sidebar to access Registration Forms and full description of the classes. All workshop materials will be provided. Saturday's workshop price also includes lunch. For Q & A: email@example.com or phone 541-357-4181. Or contact Lindy Jacobs, Central Oregon Writers Guild Events Director at 541-408-6306.