2012 LITERARY HARVEST CONTEST WINNERS ANNOUNCED
Literary Harvest Director Lindy Jacobs is pleased to report that this year’s Writing Contest top ten winners have been selected by judges Bill Baber, Rae Ann Proost and Bunny Thompson. The winners, their titles and genre are:
1. Cameron Prow, "A Gentler Lens," Poetry Selections--Tied for First Place
2. Ava Wilson, "Weekly Rats," Short Fiction--Tied for First Place
3. Michael Wayne, "Genius of a Madman," Short Fiction
4. Craig Gipson, "In Sickness and in Health," Short Fiction
5. Ginger Dehlinger, "Fallen Icons," Essay
6. Cheri Lee Helfenstein, "For the Dead Dragonfly," Poetry
7. Karen Gilden, "Meeting the Enemy," Memoir
8. Anita Lanning, "Final Sign," Short Fiction
9. Ellen Jacobs, "Frybread, Please!" Poetry
10.Sherrie Gant, "Baling Wire and a .357," Memoir
The Guild congratulates the winners and all who participated in the contest. The judges commented that the skill of writing was exceptionally high and the scores were very close. We thank the judges and the Literary Harvest Committee for their time, dedication and hard work, which have made the contest and the 2012 Harvest so successful. We especially appreciate Event Director Lindy Jacobs, whose leadership has once again proved invaluable to the Literary Harvest process. Here are the Harvest details:
2012 LITERARY HARVEST
FRIDAY OCTOBER 12
2243 SW Yew, Redmond, OR
6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
Admission fee: Members $5, non-members $10
Payable at the door
CONTEST WINNERS WILL READ THEIR WINNING ENTRIES!
Guild Authors Book Sale
REFRESHMENTS WILL BE SERVED!
DOOR PRIZES INCLUDE THE 2013 WRITERS DIGEST MARKET GUIDE
BRING YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILIES TO SHARE THIS SPECIAL EVENING!
WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING EVERYONE THERE!